111 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, 20 new cases found in Brampton
The province says that 111 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario.
As of July 17 at 10:25 am, Ontario is reporting 37,274 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,746 people have died of the disease.
According to the province, 33,162 cases have resolved.
The province says 108 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 30 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 21 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,810,483 tests for the virus have been completed. The website says 31,163 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated on July 17), 6,724 confirmed and probable cases have been reported in the region and 316 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 224 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Ninety have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 630 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 6,025 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 383 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 191 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 48 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 625 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 3,688 cases in Brampton, 179 in Caledon and 2,842 in Mississauga.
Fifteen cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
*The total number of new cases reported in Brampton (20) is for a two-day period between July 15 and July 17.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Unconscious male in Brampton located with no vital signs, police say
- Child at summer camp tests positive for COVID-19
- Motorcyclist dead after colliding with transport truck in Brampton
- Why anyone who deferred mortgage payments should check their credit score
- City of Brampton unveils new park name sign
- 112 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, 25 new cases found in Brampton
- 153 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 20 new cases reported over two-day period in Brampton
- 154 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 24 new cases found in Brampton
- 165 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 11 new cases found in Brampton
- 116 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, 29 new cases found in Brampton