15-Year-Old Driver Charged Following Collision in Brampton
A 15-year-old driver has been charged following a single-vehicle rollover that occurred on Highway 410 right at Steeles Avenue in Brampton.
According to OPP, the driver lost control of the vehicle and hit the left side concrete wall.
Drugs and alcohol do not appear to be factors in this collision.
Three male occupants were in the vehicle.
The 15-year-old driver, according to OPP, fled the scene on foot but was picked up by Peel Police. The male is now in custody and Port Credit OPP are investigating.
The 18-year-old passenger was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries. According to OPP he is in custody pending charges from pre-existing robbery charges.
The 16-year-old passenger was taken to a hospital with life-altering back injuries.
Highway 410 was closed from 1 a.m. to about 5 a.m.
The driver was charged with dangerous driving causing bodily harm.
Anyone with further information is asked to call Port Credit OPP at 905-278-6131.
We will provide more updates as they become available.
Photo is courtesy of Sgt Kerry Schmidt’s Twitter account (@OPP_HSD).
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: OPP Searching for Driver Who Failed to Remain on Scene of Collision on 410 in Brampton
- Brampton Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway
- Man Charged With Stunt Driving, 3-Year-Old in Backseat
- UPDATE: 25-Year-Old Driver Still in Serious Condition After One-Car Collision in Brampton
- Passenger Dead, Driver Flees After Overnight Crash in Brampton