15 Year Old Mother Arrested for Baby's Death in Brampton
Police have made an arrest following an investigation into a baby’s death in Brampton.
At 1:20 p.m. on Friday (May 25), police learned that a 15 year old female had given birth to a baby on Tuesday, May 22, which was not disclosed to anyone at that time.
Subsequent investigation led police to locate the body of a newborn baby in the area of the girl’s Brampton residence.
Police arrested the 15 year old girl. She has been charged with Indignity to Dead Body and Concealing Body of Child.
She was held for a bail hearing on Saturday, May 26.
Due to the Youth Criminal Justice Act, police say the girl’s identity will be protected.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205.
- LATEST: Ontario and Brampton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Crews on scene for fire at abandoned Brampton residence
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- Application process for emergency benefits for workers begins this morning
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 200 cases confirmed in Brampton
- Police Locate Body of Murdered Brampton Woman
- Police Searching For Missing 15-Year-Old Girl Last Seen in Brampton
- BREAKING: Man Arrested in Connection with Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Second Suspect After 14-Year-Old Boy Murdered
- Police Searching for 14-Year-Old Brampton Girl