173 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 32 new cases found in Brampton
The province says that 173 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,500 residents have died of the virus, with 1,636 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Six staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 18, Ontario is reporting 32,917 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,553 people have died of the disease, while another 28,004 cases have resolved.
The province says 351 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 84 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 60 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,096,707 tests for the virus have been completed and 24,887 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 25,278 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:03 pm on June 18), 5,632 people have been diagnosed in the region and 306 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 217 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 414 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 4,799 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 527 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 190 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 42 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 619 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,974 cases in Brampton, 151 in Caledon and 2,503 in Mississauga.
Four cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- Brampton raid part of large fentanyl bust
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 28
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,811 total cases found in Brampton
- 203 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,792 total cases found inBrampton
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,739 total cases found in Brampton
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,724 total cases found in Brampton
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,767 total cases found in Brampton