18-Year-Old Killed In Highway Shooting In Brampton
Peel Police are currently investigating the nineteenth homicide of 2019.
On September 16 at 2:28 a.m., police received a call for someone that had been shot in the area of Highway 410 and Sandalwood Parkway East in Brampton. Upon arrival, police located a vehicle and two male victims who had sustained gunshot wounds. One person was transported to a trauma center with serious but non-life threatening injuries. The second person, 18-year-old D'rae Rhooms-Peters from Brampton, died at the scene as a result of the injuries they sustained.
According to police, there were multiple crime scenes and the investigation is continuing.
“A short time and distance from the homicide a 2019 Honda Pilot, all black in colour with Ontario license plate CJRP 993 was stolen and fled the area. Police believe the occupants of this motor vehicle may have knowledge of the homicide and they should be considered armed and dangerous,” says police.
If anyone has information or sees this vehicle, they are asked not to approach vehicle or occupant(s) but to immediately call 9-1-1. Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to call (905) 453-2121, extension 3205 or Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Pedestrian seriously injured after being hit by vehicle in Brampton
- Multiple coyotes have been spotted in Brampton
- Single-home buyers and condo living on the rise; here's what you need to earn in Brampton
- Police searching for sex trafficking offender known to frequent GTA
- Brampton man facing charges after police seize loaded firearm