181 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, 31 new cases found in Brampton
The province says that 181 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,500 residents have died of the virus, with 1,629 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Six staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 15, Ontario is reporting 32,370 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,527 people have died of the disease, while another 27,213 cases have resolved.
The province says 419 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 104 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 69 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,025,500 tests for the virus have been completed and 18,258 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 21,751 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:06 pm on June 15), 5,510 people have been diagnosed in the region and 305 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 216 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 369 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 4,589 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 616 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 190 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 38 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 620 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,891 cases in Brampton, 149 in Caledon and 2,468 in Mississauga.
Two cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,811 total cases found in Brampton
- 203 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,792 total cases found inBrampton
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,739 total cases found in Brampton
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,724 total cases found in Brampton
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,767 total cases found in Brampton