189 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 40 new cases found in Brampton
The province says that 189 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,600 residents have died of the virus, with 1,689 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 25, Ontario is reporting 34,205 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,641 people have died of the disease, while another 29,528 cases have resolved.
The province says 270 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 69 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 47 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,263,534 tests for the virus have been completed and 24,607 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 27,511 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:01 pm on June 25), 6,018 people have been diagnosed in the region and 306 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 217 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel’s website, 564 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 5,233 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 479 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 191 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 45 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 622 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 3,221 cases in Brampton, 164 in Caledon and 2,629 in Mississauga.
Four cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- McLaughlin and Ray Lawson closed due to shooting investigation in Brampton
- Man dead following shooting along Brampton footpath
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,811 total cases found in Brampton
- 203 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,792 total cases found inBrampton
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,739 total cases found in Brampton
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,724 total cases found in Brampton
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,767 total cases found in Brampton