203 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,792 total cases found inBrampton
The province says that 203 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,400 residents have died of the virus, with 1,600 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 11, Ontario is reporting 31,544 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,487 people have died of the disease, while another 25,885 cases have resolved.
The province says 538 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 120 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 87 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 924,680 tests for the virus have been completed and 16,359 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 24,341 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:02 pm on June 11), 5,356 people have been diagnosed in the region and 299 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 214 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-three have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 291 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 4,279 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 778 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 188 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 36 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 615 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,792 cases in Brampton, 145 in Caledon and 2,417 in Mississauga.
Two cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Brampton remains reasonably-priced for tenants: Report
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,811 total cases found in Brampton
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,739 total cases found in Brampton
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,724 total cases found in Brampton
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,767 total cases found in Brampton
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,251 total cases found inBrampton