251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,767 total cases found in Brampton
The province says that 251 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,400 residents have died of the virus, with 1,591 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 10, Ontario is reporting 31,341 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,475 people have died of the disease, while another 25,380 cases have resolved.
The province says 580 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 118 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 86 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 900,339 tests for the virus have been completed and 13,897 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 19,941 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on June 10), 5,319 people have been diagnosed in the region and 297 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 212 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-three have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 281 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 4,222 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 800 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 186 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 36 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 614 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,767 cases in Brampton, 144 in Caledon and 2,406 in Mississauga.
Two cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,811 total cases found in Brampton
- 203 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,792 total cases found inBrampton
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,739 total cases found in Brampton
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,724 total cases found in Brampton
- 266 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,836 total cases found in Brampton