266 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,836 total cases found in Brampton
The province says that 266 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,500 residents have died of the virus, with 1,610 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 13, Ontario is reporting 31,992 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,507 people have died of the disease, while 26,538 cases have been resolved.
The province says 489 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 110 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 68 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 980,471 tests for the virus have been completed and 26,158 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 27,456 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on June 13), 5,441 people have been diagnosed in the region and 302 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 215 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-five have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 326 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 4,502 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 637 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 189 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 37 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 620 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,836 cases in Brampton, 147 in Caledon and 2,455 in Mississauga.
Three cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Brampton driving school instructor charged with sexual offences
- McLaughlin and Ray Lawson closed due to shooting investigation in Brampton
- Man dead following shooting along Brampton footpath
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 625 new cases and on track for 1,000 a day, modelling shows
- Brampton father celebrates big lotto win
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,811 total cases found in Brampton
- 203 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,792 total cases found inBrampton
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,739 total cases found in Brampton
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,724 total cases found in Brampton
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,767 total cases found in Brampton