292 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,142 total cases found in Brampton
The province says that 292 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,100 residents have died of the virus, with 1,352 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Four staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 27, Ontario is reporting 26,483 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,155 people have died of the disease, while another 20,372 cases have resolved.
The province says 847 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 150 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 117 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 644,547 tests for the virus have been completed and 11,817 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 15,133 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on May 27), 4,312 people have been diagnosed in the region and 271 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 198 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Seventy-one have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 209 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 3,094 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 947 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 172 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 33 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 609 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,142 cases in Brampton, 110 in Caledon and 2,056 in Mississauga.
Four cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 102 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, 93 new cases found in Brampton
- Brampton issues 14 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Outdoor water use advisory in effect for Brampton
- Mobile COVID-19 testing centre returning to City of Brampton
- First responders attending to a natural gas line that was struck in Brampton
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,251 total cases found inBrampton
- 383 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,190 total cases found in Brampton
- 287 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,089 total cases found in Brampton
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,616 total cases found in Brampton
- 356 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,560 total cases found in Brampton