294 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,380 total cases found in Brampton
The province says that 294 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,600 residents have died of the virus.
Ontario is experiencing a drop in its COVID-19 growth rate, with today being the province’s lowest daily growth rate of COVID-19 cases since March.
As of 10:30 am on May 10, Ontario is reporting 20,238 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,634 people have died of the disease, while another 14,772 cases have resolved.
The province says 961 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 195 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 140 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 433,994 people have been tested for the virus and 14,816 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 17,618 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on May 10), 3,064 people have been diagnosed in the region and 196 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 147 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Forty-eight deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 180 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 2,150 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 718 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 119 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 25 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 515 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,380 cases in Brampton, 75 in Caledon and 1,603 in Mississauga.
Six cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- "The justice system failed us": Mayor Patrick Brown angrily responds after Brampton shooting leaves woman dead
- Arrests made in double stabbing at Brampton apartment
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- A Big lottery ticket win sold in Brampton
- Onions sold in Brampton recalled due to possible Salmonella
- 399 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,287 total cases confirmed in Brampton
- 346 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,362 total cases found in Brampton
- 387 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,215 total cases confirmed in Brampton
- 258 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,511 total cases found in Brampton
- 308 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,407 total cases found in Brampton