304 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,699 total cases found in Brampton
The province says that 304 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,900 residents have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 18, Ontario is reporting 22,957 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,904 people have died of the disease, while another 17,638 cases have resolved.
The province says 972 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 174 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 133 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 553,981 tests for the virus have been completed and 2,189 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 9,155 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:01 pm on May 18), 3,628 people have been diagnosed in the region and 227 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 167 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Fifty-nine deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel’s website, 192 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 2,574 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 827 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 141 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 30 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 582 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,699 cases in Brampton, 94 in Caledon and 1,829 in Mississauga.
Six cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- Power outage affecting more than 400 Brampton residents
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- 258 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,511 total cases found in Brampton
- 308 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,407 total cases found in Brampton
- 361 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,432 total cases found in Brampton
- 427 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,743 total cases found in Brampton
- 428 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,557 total cases found in Brampton