326 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,425 total cases found in Brampton
The province says that 326 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,200 residents have died of the virus, with 1,438 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Six staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 31, Ontario is reporting 27,859 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,266 people have died of the disease, while 21,810 cases have been resolved.
The province says 781 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 118 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 90 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 718,341 tests for the virus have been completed and 9,647 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 17,014 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on May 31), 4,749 people have been diagnosed in the region and 276 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 199 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Seventy-five have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel’s website, 220 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 3,488 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 985 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 175 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 33 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 611 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,425 cases in Brampton, 124 in Caledon and 2,195 in Mississauga.
Five cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent
- Two Brampton man face charges after woman is struck by car
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 22
- Here’s how much detached house prices have risen in Brampton in just one year
- 292 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,142 total cases found in Brampton
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,251 total cases found inBrampton
- 383 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,190 total cases found in Brampton
- 287 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,089 total cases found in Brampton
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,616 total cases found in Brampton