329 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,466 cases found in Brampton
The province says that 329 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,700 residents have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 13, Ontario is reporting 21,236 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,765 people have died of the disease, while another 15,845 cases have resolved.
The province says 1,018 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 189 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 144 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 475,058 tests for the virus have been completed and 13,395 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 15,137 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:01 pm on May 13), 3,249 people have been diagnosed in the region and 217 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 161 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Fifty-five deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 183 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 2,312 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 720 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 133 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 26 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 539 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,466 cases in Brampton, 83 in Caledon and 1,694 in Mississauga.
Six cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Second employee at Brampton grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Military releases disturbing report on alleged abuse in Brampton long-term care home
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- 258 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,511 total cases found in Brampton
- 308 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,407 total cases found in Brampton
- 361 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,432 total cases found in Brampton
- 427 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,743 total cases found in Brampton
- 428 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,557 total cases found in Brampton