338 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,524 total cases found in Brampton
The province says that 338 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,312 residents have died of the virus, with 1,472 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 3, Ontario is reporting 29,047 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,312 people have died of the disease, while another 22,811 cases have resolved.
The province says 791 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 127 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 92 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 765,501 tests for the virus have been completed and 11,636 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 17,537 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:01 pm on June 3), 4,926 people have been diagnosed in the region and 281 people have died of the virus.
Peel Public Health says 204 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Seventy-five have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel’s website, 237 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 3,672 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 973 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 180 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 35 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 616 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,524 cases in Brampton, 132 in Caledon and 2,268 in Mississauga.
Two cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,616 total cases found in Brampton
- 356 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,560 total cases found in Brampton
- 404 new COVID-19 cases being reported in Ontario, 2,468 total cases found in Brampton
- 446 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,496 total cases found in Brampton
- 292 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,142 total cases found in Brampton