344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,616 total cases found in Brampton
The province says that 344 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,300 residents have died of the virus, with 1,519 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 5, Ontario is reporting 29,747 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,372 people have died of the disease, while another 23,583 cases have resolved.
The province says 749 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 118 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 94 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 809,053 tests for the virus have been completed and 12,247 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 22,730 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on June 5), 5,097 people have been diagnosed in the region and 282 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 205 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Seventy-five have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 249 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 3,844 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 971 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 180 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 35 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 615 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,616 cases in Brampton, 136 in Caledon and 2,343 in Mississauga.
Two cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Man in custody after vehicle drives into ditch in Brampton
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win
- 356 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,560 total cases found in Brampton
- 404 new COVID-19 cases being reported in Ontario, 2,468 total cases found in Brampton
- 446 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,496 total cases found in Brampton
- 292 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,142 total cases found in Brampton
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,251 total cases found inBrampton