390 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,778 total cases found in Brampton
The province says that 390 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,900 residents have died of the virus, with 1,224 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
As of 10:30 am on May 20, Ontario is reporting 23,774 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,962 people have died of the disease, while another 18,190 cases have resolved.
The province says 991 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 160 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 120 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 567,176 tests for the virus have been completed and 4,444 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 7,382 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:02 pm on May 20), 3,760 people have been diagnosed in the region and 231 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 171 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Fifty-nine deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 196 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 2,708 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 821 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 143 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 31 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 588 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,778 cases in Brampton, 99 in Caledon and 1,876 in Mississauga.
Seven cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- The Canadian Accent Has Been Ranked 13th Sexiest Accent In The World
- Building evacuated, roads closed due to potential ammonia leak in Brampton
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots
- House of the week: almost $1.7 mil house with stunning property
- 404 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,044 total cases found in Brampton
- 292 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,142 total cases found in Brampton
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,251 total cases found inBrampton
- 383 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,190 total cases found in Brampton
- 258 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,511 total cases found in Brampton