391 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,606 total cases found in Brampton
The province says that 391 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,800 residents have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 16, Ontario is reporting 22,313 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,858 people have died of the disease, while another 17,020 cases have resolved.
The province says 975 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 180 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 135 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 528,609 tests for the virus have been completed and 10,565 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 17,768 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:03 pm on May 16), 3,473 people have been diagnosed in the region and 224 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 165 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Fifty-eight deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel’s website, 187 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 2,485 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 764 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 138 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 27 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 575 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,606 cases in Brampton, 88 in Caledon and 1,773 in Mississauga.
Six cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- The Canadian Accent Has Been Ranked 13th Sexiest Accent In The World
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Ontario makes temporary change so businesses can avoid paying severance
- 404 new COVID-19 cases being reported in Ontario, 2,468 total cases found in Brampton
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots
- 258 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,511 total cases found in Brampton
- 308 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,407 total cases found in Brampton
- 361 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,432 total cases found in Brampton
- 427 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,743 total cases found in Brampton
- 428 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,557 total cases found in Brampton