404 new COVID-19 cases being reported in Ontario, 2,468 total cases found in Brampton
The province says that 404 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,200 residents have died of the virus, with 1,445 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Six staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 1, Ontario is reporting 28,263 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,276 people have died of the disease, while another 22,153 cases have resolved.
The province says 781 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 125 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 89 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 732,720 tests for the virus have been completed and 6,427 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 14,379 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:13 pm on June 1), 4,813 people have been diagnosed in the region and 276 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 199 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Seventy-five have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 229 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 3,555 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 982 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 175 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 33 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 615 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,468 cases in Brampton, 129 in Caledon and 2,211 in Mississauga.
Five cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Brampton remains reasonably-priced for tenants: Report
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,616 total cases found in Brampton
- 356 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,560 total cases found in Brampton
- 446 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,496 total cases found in Brampton
- 292 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,142 total cases found in Brampton
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,251 total cases found inBrampton