427 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,743 total cases found in Brampton
The province says that 427 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,900 residents have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 19, Ontario is reporting 23,384 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,919 people have died of the disease, while another 17,898 cases have resolved.
The province says 987 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 167 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 123 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 559,794 tests for the virus have been completed and 2,294 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 5,813 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:01 pm on May 19), 3,711 people have been diagnosed in the region and 229 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 169 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Fifty-nine deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 194 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 2,634 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 848 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 143 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 31 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 585 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,743 cases in Brampton, 97 in Caledon and 1,864 in Mississauga.
Seven cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Second employee at Brampton grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Military releases disturbing report on alleged abuse in Brampton long-term care home
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- 258 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,511 total cases found in Brampton
- 308 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,407 total cases found in Brampton
- 361 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,432 total cases found in Brampton
- 428 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,557 total cases found in Brampton
- 390 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,778 total cases found in Brampton