428 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,557 total cases found in Brampton
The province says that 428 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,800 residents have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 15, Ontario is reporting 21,922 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,825 people have died of the disease, while another 16,641 cases have resolved.
The province says 986 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 179 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 135 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 510,841 tests for the virus have been completed and 14,373 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 18,354 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:48 pm on May 15), 3,408 people have been diagnosed in the region and 224 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 165 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Fifty-eight deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 187 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 2,435 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 749 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 138 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 27 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 567 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,557 cases in Brampton, 88 in Caledon and 1,757 in Mississauga.
Six cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Wearing masks could soon be mandatory in Brampton amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Man charged after hate-motivated incident in Brampton
- Brampton principal temporarily removed for 'xenophobic and racist' remark
- Newly-released data indicates that Brampton is a hotspot for COVID-19
- 258 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,511 total cases found in Brampton
- 308 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,407 total cases found in Brampton
- 361 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,432 total cases found in Brampton
- 427 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,743 total cases found in Brampton
- 390 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,778 total cases found in Brampton