5 Amazing Places for a Unique Date Outside of Brampton
5) Spin TorontoTournaments, music, weekly events, and pop tarts - this ping pong spot on King West is an epic location for a unique date, whether it’s your first or your 20th! If you’re feeling quirky and competitive, check out Spin for a trendy and fun date where you and your partner can play ping pong, drink, and eat all night long. You can typically rent tables by the hour, but be sure to book in advance, as tables sell out fast especially on Friday and Saturday nights. Go on, find your inner kid, play some ping pong, and chow down on $7 house made pop tarts complete with jam, icing, and sprinkles, eat your heart out and maybe “accidentally” touch hands over a massive share plate of grilled cheese, and cheers until you’re laughing and spilling secrets by the end of the night!
4) The Drake Devonshire
The main highlight at the Drake Devonshire in Prince Edward County is this...people rave about their brunch. Whether you're feeling steel cut oats, blueberry scones, some classic avo toast, pancakes, eggs Benny, or all of these above, you'll find it at the Drake. If you and your boo have ever wanted to stay at The Drake Hotel in TO but didn't think you could justify a night in a hotel when you live just 30 minutes or so outside the downtown core, this Drake property is far enough from home to make the splurge with it. The trendy and boutique Drake Devonshire, located in Wellington, Ontario, is a restored historical property with a ton of natural and cultural appeal. The hotel boasts performances by local musicians and it can offer you opportunities to enjoy art, wine, sightseeing, hiking, biking and more. This hotel—which also offers a renowned onsite resto—isn't cheap, but sometimes you've gotta treat yo'self. This place also has some good entertainment options nightly so you can really mix up your getaway - perhaps with some booze and dancing. Great for a lengthy date night or a date getaway weekend.
2) Munchies Coffee House and BARKeryDo you have a dog that you would love to bring on your hot date with a human? Or do you just love dogs and wish you could be surrounded by them during a meal with your s/o? There’s a spot for that not too far from home - it’s called Munchies and it’s in Hamilton! Munchies has menus for both humans and dogs. Try such comfort foods as bacon and cheddar scones and even goat cheese waffles made from scratch, and bond with your BFF (your dog…or other people’s dogs!) and your boo at the same time. You could even just take your dog here on a date to pick up a custom cake they can enjoy. And if your boo doesn’t like dogs? Maybe they should just bark off.
1) BackhouseLet’s up the ante on the romance here! Backhouse in Niagara-on-the-Lake is an epic, unique date destination for a couple that’s feeling classy. This restaurant is a sophisticated farm-to-table eatery with tasting menus and amazing quality and service. Come here for the atmosphere - an intimate 42-seater resto with an 18-seat chef’s bar where you can engage in the cooking and watch the pro chefs in action - and stay for the food - the duck liver mousse and the trout in particular are incredible. Literally everything is made in-house, since Backhouse tends to a garden and picks fresh veggies every day, bakes fresh sourdough, and even butchers its own ethically-raised meat. Executive Chef Ryan Crawford is the brains behind the magic here - go to Backhouse if you’re looking for an exciting culinary date night.
- Brampton driving school instructor charged with sexual offences
- McLaughlin and Ray Lawson closed due to shooting investigation in Brampton
- Man dead following shooting along Brampton footpath
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 625 new cases and on track for 1,000 a day, modelling shows
- Brampton father celebrates big lotto win