5 Animal Adventures In The GTA
Looking for a laidback way to spend a summer day and escape your hectic schedule? Hit the highway and take an adventure to the wildlife.
These animal adventures are an unique experience for a solo or family roadtrip!
Here are five animal adventures in the GTA.
5. Serengeti Bush Camp- Toronto Zoo
The Serengeti Bush Camp is an overnight experience with the wildlife of the Toronto Zoo’s African Savanna and Rainforest Pavilion. It offers an accommodation in authentic African tents, a behind-the-scenes opportunity in the African Savanna area, a buffet-style dinner and breakfast, a campfire, and zoo admission to see the rest of the animals. The adventure wil be going on from mid-May to September. The prices vary around $100 per person.
Photo Courtesy of The Toronto Zoo.
4. Horse Wisdom Yoga- The Big Red Barn Creativity and Wellness Centre
Horse Wisdom Yoga aims to to come back to the true nature of yoga, which happens on and off the mat. According to The Big Red Barn, horse wisdom is prevalent in many cultures and leads to self-discovery. The benefits of such yoga include, a sense of connection, better awareness and concentration, and emotional intelligence.
Photo Courtesy of The Big Red Barn Creativity and Wellness Centre.
3. Alpaca Farm- Alpacas from Eighth & Mud
East Stoney Creek
This independently-owned farm raises many cute alpacas. It is only open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Visitors can feed and pet the alpacas. There is also the chance to play with many baby alpacas.
2. Trail Riding- Claireville Ranch
Claireville Ranch offers many exclusive deals such as, horseback riding lessons and pony rides. However, everyone must try their hour trail riding package. The one hour trail takes riders down streams, fields and up hills. There has also been many wildlife sightings including deers, hawks, beavers and various birds.
Photo Courtesy of The Claireville Ranch.
1. Goat Yoga- Black Creek Pioneer Village
The Black Creek Pioneer Village now offers goat yoga, a new wellness trend gaining popularity all over the world. It combines yoga and animal therapy. The session is offered through Fox Den Yoga every Thursday evening.
Photo Courtesy of Black Creek Pioneer Village.
- Road closed due to collision between car and truck in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Ontario rolls out massive flu shot campaign in bid to keep hospitals from overflowing amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Public health officials urge Canadians to limit contacts again as COVID-19 cases rise