5 Worst Intersections in Brampton
In Brampton, the car is king. While it’s one of Canada’s larger cities, its disparate hubs are far apart and, sometimes, the bus just doesn’t cut it. Because everyone and their brother has a car, Bramptonites have to deal with some brutally congested intersections that suffer (and make everyone suffer) during rush hour and construction periods.
A few lifelong residents have named the top five worst intersections in the city. Let us know if you agree!
5) Steeles and Hurontario
Busy areas attract more drivers and, naturally, more collisions. One resident said he’s often seen accidents in the area that hold up southbound traffic on Hurontario. When an intersection is naturally busy, even the tiniest fender bender and cause an outrageous backlog that makes everyone miserable.
4) HWY 50 and Ebenezer
This intersection has been the sight of several fatal accidents. In August 2014, a fatality occurred after a dump truck collided with a car in the area. In August of this year, a motorcyclist was killed after colliding with a vehicle. An editorialist for the Caledon Enterprise blamed the placement of fast food stops on Hwy 50 for the road’s nightmarish conditions between Castle Oaks Crossing and Ebenezer Road, and other drivers say the area is simply too easy to have an accident in.
3) Steeles and Mavis
This intersection is a nightmare during rush hour traffic. Located near both the 401 and 407, it attracts commuters (too many of them) and has a tendency to become excessively congested as a result. If you want to get home early, that’s unlikely to happen if this is your regular 5:00 p.m. route.
2) Hurontario and Bovaird
Naturally, one of the city’s busiest intersections is no fun at rush hour. If you have to take this busy route to get to or from work, you probably know you’re not the only one on the road. If you have to traverse this area during peak periods, prepare to spend a little extra time listening to the radio.
1) Queen Street East and Rutherford Road
This is probably considered one of the most dangerous intersections and has been for many years now. People who drive in the area need to exercise a little extra caution and be exceptionally mindful of their surroundings. In fact, State Farm Insurance once said it was one of the three most dangerous intersections in Ontario and its reputation hasn’t changed much over the years.
- Garbage and Recycling Days About to Change in Brampton
- Some Needy Families Receive an Early Christmas Present in Brampton
- Police Seeking Help Locating Missing Senior in Brampton
- First Alarm Crews on Scene at Working Basement Fire in Brampton
- Brampton Resident Charged After Guns and Grenades Seized by Police
- Traffic Lights Out at Multiple Highway Intersections in Brampton
- Two Collisions at Busy Intersections Causing Delays in Brampton
- TRAFFIC: Multiple Collisions at Brampton Intersections
- 5 Things That Have Happened to You on Brampton Transit During Rush Hour
- Is Ontario's Worst Road Located in Brampton?