96 year old Brampton man charged with two counts of sexual assault
An elderly resident is facing charges for two sexual assaults in Brampton.
In September 2018, police say the suspect attended a store in the area of Steeles Avenue and Highway 410 and asked an employee, a 19 year old Brampton woman, to assist him with trying on a shirt.
“When the victim refused, the suspect sexually assaulted her,” police say. “The incident was not reported to police at the time.”
On Tuesday, October 1, 2019, the suspect reportedly attended the same store and asked another employee for assistance trying on a shirt.
While the 27 year old Brampton woman assisted him, he sexually assaulted her, police allege.
The suspect, a 96 year old Brampton man, was arrested on Sunday, October 6 and charged with two counts of sexual assault.
He has been released and is scheduled to appear in court at an undisclosed date.
Anyone with further information is asked to call the Special Victim's Unit at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Police Identify Man Charged in Sexual Assault Investigation in Brampton
- PHOTOS: Police Seeking Suspect of Sexual Assault in Brampton
- Police Looking for Suspect After Reported Sexual Assault in Brampton
- Police Arrest Man in Connection with Sexual Assault on 12-Year-Old in Brampton
- Police Investigating After Child Allegedly Sexually Assaulted in Brampton