A Change is Coming to Garbage Pickup in Brampton Soon
If you live in Brampton or Mississauga, you might want to take note of some important garbage and recycling news.
The Region of Peel recently reminded residents that curbside yard waste collection is coming to an end in December.
In Mississauga, weekly yard waste collection ends during the week of December 10 to 13, on residents’ regularly scheduled collection day.
In Brampton, weekly yard waste collection also ends during the week of December 10 to 13, on residents’ regularly scheduled collection day.
Caledon residents should note that changes will depend on where they live. In urban Caledon, bi-weekly yard waste collection ends during the weeks of December 3 and 10, on residents’ regularly scheduled recycling day. In rural Caledon, the last yard waste collection is on Friday, December 14.
The region says residents should place all small bundles of brush, kraft paper bags or containers of yard waste at the curb on their collection day. They are also advised to follow these instructions:
- Small bundles of yard waste and brush must not exceed 1.2 m. (4 ft.) and 76 cm. (30 in.) in diameter and weigh no more than 20 kg. (44 lbs.).
- Individual branches and tree limbs must not exceed 1.2 m. (4 ft.) in length and 7.5 cm. (3 in.) in diameter and weigh no more than 20 kg. (44 lbs.).
- Yard waste should be placed in labelled, open, rigid and reusable containers, bushel baskets, or paper yard waste bags. Old garbage cans/containers or old blue/grey boxes can be used, but must be in good condition and labelled "Yard Waste."
- Yard waste will not be collected if it is set out in plastic bags, cardboard boxes, or is in a container that weighs more than 20 kgs. (44 lbs.).
Anyone who is unsure of their waste collection schedule should click here.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- Brampton asks all city employees to be tested for COVID-19