A Change is Coming to Waste and Recycling Collection in Brampton Very Soon
If you live in the Region of Peel (Mississauga, Brampton or Caledon), you know that waste collection is an important part of your weekly schedule.
For that reason, you might want to know that a change—one that heralds the coming of spring, even if it doesn't feel like spring at all—is coming.
The Region of Peel is reminding residents that yard waste collection starts the week of Monday, March 11.
Residents in rural areas of Caledon will have their yard waste picked up on designated Fridays.
If you're unsure of your collection day, click here.
Residents in the Canadian Food Inspection Agency Asian longhorned beetle quarantine area of Malton cannot move any yard waste, nursery stock, trees, logs, lumber, wood, wood chips and bark chips out of the restricted area.
If you live in Malton, put your yard waste on the curb for collection on your regular scheduled waste collection day. Yard waste from this area will not be accepted at any of the Region's Community Recycling Centres.
The region says yard waste must be at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day. It must be placed in acceptable bins, containers and/or bags.
A bin/container used for yard waste collection must be:
- Clearly labelled “yard waste”,
- Rigid and reusable with handles that are attached or molded to the exterior,
- Smaller than 60 cm (24 in.) wide and 95 cm (38 in.) high, and,
- Less than 20 kg (44 lbs.), when full.
A Kraft brown paper bag used for yard waste collection must:
- Support a maximum weight of 20 kg (44 lbs.) when lifted, without tearing,
- Securely close when full, and,
- Be smaller than 66 cm (26 in.) wide and 90 cm (35 in.) high.
Residents can use their old garbage container or blue/grey box to set out yard waste for collection.
- VIDEO: Tractor Trailer Collision Affecting Highway Traffic in Brampton
- Popular Downtown Brampton Restaurant Closes Down
- PHOTOS: Roads Closed Due to Active House Fire in Brampton
- City Considering Proposal to Build 20 New Executive Homes in Brampton
- Police Looking for Missing 27 Year Old Man in Brampton