A Popular Poutine Festival Is Coming To Brampton Soon
Brampton has a fair share of its' unique festivals; however, have you ever heard of a whole four-day festival dedicated to just poutines?
A unique new "Poutine Feast" is coming to Chinguacousy Park very soon!
Sponsored by St. Albert's Cheese Factory this year, Poutine Feast is a travelling festival that specializes in bringing a twist to the iconic Canadian dish poutine.
"We are comprised of many chip truck owners, from all across Ontario. When we come to your town, we also look for local trucks that may want to join us to share their wonderful dishes," says the festival hosts on its official website.
The festival will be held on Thursday, October 3 to Sunday, October 6:
- Thursday, October 3 11 a.m - 9 p.m
- Friday, October 4 11 a.m - 9 p.m
- Saturday, October 5 11 a.m - 9 p.m
- Sunday, October 6 11 a.m - 7 p.m
And, people can currently sign up to be a judge at Poutine Feast's poutine contest on Sunday to judge the best poutine at the festival.
The festival will feature music, games, treats and, of course, poutine! Don't worry, there will be vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options available.
The vendors at the event include:
- The Upper Deck
- BBQ Babes
- Fat Les's Chip Stand
- Smokin' R&R's
- Herberts Fries
- Duffer's Chip Stand
- Ed's Fries
- Big D's Dog House & Emporium
- Mrs. Mini Donuts
- Mr. Swirl
- Miss Ellie's Lemonade
The festival encourages everyone to bring their reusable forks and/or straws to help reduce the use of plastic waste.
- Police looking for 14 year old girl last seen in Brampton
- Brampton student selected to earn prestigious award
- Heavy snow warning issued for Brampton
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton
- Police looking for two suspects in connection to a robbery in Brampton