A Severe Weather Watch is in Effect for Brampton
Grab a jacket and be ready to take cover.
Environment and Climate Change Canada has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills, Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga.
"The threat of severe thunderstorms this afternoon and early this evening is associated with a cold front moving across Southern Ontario. Thunderstorms are also possible well in advance of the front."
Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles.
Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes.
Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year.
Life hack: When thunder roars, go indoors.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
- UPDATE: New Information Revealed as Police Search for Missing Brampton Woman
- PHOTOS: A New Residential Neighbourhood Is Coming To Brampton
- Tactical Officers on Scene for Shooting in Brampton
- Peel District School Board Concerned About New Private School Lobbying Group
- Provincial Government Plans to Move Ahead With Controversial Cuts in 2020