A Severe Weather Watch is in Effect for Brampton
Grab a jacket and be ready to take cover.
Environment and Climate Change Canada has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills, Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga.
"The threat of severe thunderstorms this afternoon and early this evening is associated with a cold front moving across Southern Ontario. Thunderstorms are also possible well in advance of the front."
Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles.
Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes.
Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year.
Life hack: When thunder roars, go indoors.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
- Police Investigating After Van Collides With Dump Truck in Brampton
- Police Investigating After Needle Found in Halloween Candy
- Police Investigating After Man Drives Backwards Down Busy Road in Brampton
- Peel Police Have Created an Interactive Crime Map for Brampton
- Top 5 Portuguese Chicken in Brampton