A Severe Weather Watch is Now in Effect for Brampton
Grab your umbrella or stay inside if you can - a severe weather watch is currently in effect.
According to Environment Canada, “dangerous” thunderstorms may develop in Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills, Milton, Mississauga, and Brampton, in a statement issued Tuesday August 21, 2018.
These thunderstorms might lead to strong wind gusts and torrential rain.
“Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes,” reads the statement.
“Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year.”
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- A Major Canadian Company Is Moving Into A Single Facility In Brampton
- A Frightening New Scam is Scaring Brampton Residents into Giving Up Private Information
- Brampton City Council Renames Park To Honour The Death Of Two-Year-Old Boy
- Tim Hortons' Launching Limited-Time Doughnut To Help Cause in Brampton