A Special Weather Statement is in Effect for Brampton
Grab your umbrella.
And your trench coat.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Brampton, Mississauga, Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills, and Milton on Tuesday morning.
A few rounds of showers and thunderstorms are expected today across portions of southern Ontario.
“The rain is expected to be periodic in nature with significant breaks from time to time,” reads the statement issued at 4:09 a.m.
“However, as the air mass will be very moist, torrential downpours giving significant rainfall amounts in relatively short periods of time are likely.”
Many areas will likely receive between 20 to 40 mm of rain by this evening.
But areas on the end of several thunderstorms may receive significantly higher amounts.
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- Brampton raid part of large fentanyl bust
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 28
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 28