A Unique Black History Month Event is Coming to Brampton
February is almost around the corner, and that means it's Black History Month.
No doubt there are a number of events across the province that are being planned to commemorate next month on the contributions and history of black Canadians in this country, and Brampton isn't left out in that equation.
The Rose Theatre is hosting an event on February 21 from 8 pm to 10 pm, a joint collaboration by the City of Brampton and Brampton's Very Own, a creative platform aimed to highlight Brampton’s creatives and artists.
Entitled "In This Skin", the show means to celebrate black excellence through arts and culture, according to Shade Waheed, the creator of Brampton's Very Own and the curator of the show.
The lineup is as follows:
Hosts: Jemane Kent & Lola Waheed
Act 1 - Tracey Kayy (Poet/Rapper)
Act 2 - Keziaa (R&B/Pop Singer)
Act 3 - Prempz and his crew (Afrobeat dancers) Act 4 - Adubea (Neo-Soul/Jazz Singer)
Naija Jollof Toronto will be the food vendor at this event.
Will you be going?
- Brampton Fire And Emergency Services Responding To Fire At Factory
- Major Changes Planned For Services Covered by OHIP
- Here's Why Violent Crime Is On The Rise In Brampton
- OPP Shares Concerns After Charging Two Brampton Residents With Drunk Driving
- Peel Region Reduces Speed Limits On Two Major Roads In Brampton
- This is What Brampton is Doing to Celebrate Black History Month
- This Interesting and Bold Black History Month Event is Coming to Brampton
- A Black History Month Marketplace is Coming to Brampton
- Celebrate Filipino Heritage Month With Delicious Treats in Brampton
- City Of Brampton Hosting This Event For The First Time