A Water Safety Statement is in Effect For Brampton
A Water Safety statement is in effect for Brampton and surrounding regions until March 2.
According to the Toronto and Region Conservation (TRCA) report, Environment Canada says we'll see about 15-25 mm of rain in the GTA starting Tuesday afternoon. The rain will persist until Wednesday morning, and there's also a chance of thunderstorms.
The TRCA says that the recent warm weather has caused snow to melt, creating saturated ground conditions. These conditions, coupled with the forecasted rainfall amounts, will result in higher than normal water levels and flows in rivers and streams. These conditions will also cause banks to be slippery and unstable.
Authorities are advising people to exercise caution around all bodies of water and be particularly vigilant about keeping children and pets away from slippery and unstable banks. The TRCA is also advising against driving through ponded water.
The water safety watershed conditions statement will be in effect for the next few days.
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- Brampton raid part of large fentanyl bust
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 28