A Water Safety Statement is in Effect For Brampton
A Water Safety statement is in effect for Brampton and surrounding regions until March 2.
According to the Toronto and Region Conservation (TRCA) report, Environment Canada says we'll see about 15-25 mm of rain in the GTA starting Tuesday afternoon. The rain will persist until Wednesday morning, and there's also a chance of thunderstorms.
The TRCA says that the recent warm weather has caused snow to melt, creating saturated ground conditions. These conditions, coupled with the forecasted rainfall amounts, will result in higher than normal water levels and flows in rivers and streams. These conditions will also cause banks to be slippery and unstable.
Authorities are advising people to exercise caution around all bodies of water and be particularly vigilant about keeping children and pets away from slippery and unstable banks. The TRCA is also advising against driving through ponded water.
The water safety watershed conditions statement will be in effect for the next few days.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- These Brampton businesses are giving back to the community amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford