A Weather Advisory is Now in Effect for Brampton
And it’s possibly going to get messy on Monday.
A winter weather travel advisory has been issued by Environment Canada early Monday for Brampton, Halton Hills, Caledon, Milton, Mississauga, Oakville, and Burlington.
“A widespread area of snow is expected to arrive for the afternoon commute today,” reads the statement.
Snowfall amounts near 5 cm are likely by early Tuesday.
There’s also “the possibility of locally higher snowfall amounts up to 10 cm closer to the lakeshore due to enhancement off of Lake Ontario.”
Roads may quickly become snow-covered and icy.
Visibilities are expected to be reduced at times in the snow bands.
The snow will taper off to a few flurries early Tuesday morning.
Monday’s predicted high is -5 C with a low of -8 C.
Tuesday’s expected high is -4 C with temperatures expected to drop to - 12 C after dark.
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent
- These are the pharmacies offering COVID-19 tests in Brampton
- Airbnb cracks down on Brampton party house
- Police seeking public’s assistance in identifying suspect in connection to sexual assault in Brampton
- Ontario teachers no longer self-isolating after coming into contact with individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms