A Weather Advisory is Now in Effect for Brampton
And it’s possibly going to get messy on Monday.
A winter weather travel advisory has been issued by Environment Canada early Monday for Brampton, Halton Hills, Caledon, Milton, Mississauga, Oakville, and Burlington.
“A widespread area of snow is expected to arrive for the afternoon commute today,” reads the statement.
Snowfall amounts near 5 cm are likely by early Tuesday.
There’s also “the possibility of locally higher snowfall amounts up to 10 cm closer to the lakeshore due to enhancement off of Lake Ontario.”
Roads may quickly become snow-covered and icy.
Visibilities are expected to be reduced at times in the snow bands.
The snow will taper off to a few flurries early Tuesday morning.
Monday’s predicted high is -5 C with a low of -8 C.
Tuesday’s expected high is -4 C with temperatures expected to drop to - 12 C after dark.
- LATEST: Ontario and Brampton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Crews on scene for fire at abandoned Brampton residence
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Here's what day you're asked to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit