A Weather Alert is in Effect for Brampton
If you've noticed that it's just a little breezy today, you might want to know that Environment Canada recently released a special weather statement regarding excessively high winds in Brampton.
According to Environment Canada, strong southwesterly winds of 50 km/h with gusts of up to 80 km/h are expected to develop this afternoon (if they haven't developed already).
The winds may be strong enough to cause some minor tree and building damage. A few local power outages are also possible.
You should use extra caution while on the road, as driving conditions may also be difficult at times due to the strong and gusty winds.
If you're walking, please use extreme caution around trees and other structures.
The winds are expected to die down this evening.
- Woman found in Brampton garage in life-threatening condition
- Police identity victim of recent homicide in Brampton
- 16 year old arrested for homicide of Brampton man
- Police responding to female with knife in Brampton
- Patrick Brown responds to video alleging his violation against Brampton’s COVID-19 bylaw