A Weather Alert is in Effect for Brampton
If you've noticed that it's just a little breezy today, you might want to know that Environment Canada recently released a special weather statement regarding excessively high winds in Brampton.
According to Environment Canada, strong southwesterly winds of 50 km/h with gusts of up to 80 km/h are expected to develop this afternoon (if they haven't developed already).
The winds may be strong enough to cause some minor tree and building damage. A few local power outages are also possible.
You should use extra caution while on the road, as driving conditions may also be difficult at times due to the strong and gusty winds.
If you're walking, please use extreme caution around trees and other structures.
The winds are expected to die down this evening.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Brampton
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020