A weather warning in effect for Brampton
A heat warning is in effect for Brampton.
Hot and humid conditions are expected through Monday.
Maximum daytime temperatures today will be 32 to 34 degrees Celsius with humidex values near 40. Minimum temperatures tonight will be 22 to 25 degrees Celsius, providing little relief from the heat.
High temperatures Monday are forecast to be 30 to 32 degrees Celsius. Humidex values near 40 are also expected on Monday. Cooler and less humid air is expected to arrive on Tuesday.
Please note, hot and humid air can also bring deteriorating air quality and result in the air quality health index approaching the high risk category.
Extreme heat affects everyone.
The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.
Check on older family, friends and neighbours. Make sure they are cool and drinking water
Reduce your heat risk. Schedule outdoor activities during the coolest parts of the day.
Never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.
Outdoor workers should take regularly scheduled breaks in a cool place.
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Brampton
- Brampton students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Trudeau, Morneau, Telford must resign, or trigger an election: Blanchet
- Consequences for improper mask and glove disposal still in effect in Brampton