A Winter Storm Warning is Officially in Effect for Brampton
It's official: Brampton is experiencing its first major winter storm of 2019.
Environment Canada recently put out a winter storm warning for Brampton and Mississauga, reminding residents that hazardous winter conditions are expected (which will come as no surprise to anyone who has attempted to brave the weather outside).
The weather agency says residents can expect snow—which will be heavy, at some points—to continue falling this evening and into Tuesday morning. Blowing snow will also cause visibility issues throughout the night.
Environment Canada says total snowfall accumulations of 15 to 25 cm are likely, with the highest amounts expected closer to Lake Ontario.
Naturally, drivers will find it more difficult to commute home tonight and to work on Tuesday morning.
Residents should note that highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become difficult to navigate due to accumulating snow.
If you can stay off the road tonight, try and do so.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park
- All lanes closed on a major highway in Brampton
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- Major phone scam affecting Brampton; residents warned not to call back
- UPDATE: Mental health crisis prompts major highway and road closures in Brampton