A youth symposium and social event coming to Brampton
There are approximately 125,820 youth residing in Brampton, which represent one-third of Canada’s population as well as making it one of the youngest cities in the country.
As the city continues building a healthy and safe place for opportunities to learn, grow and play through programs and initiatives, they want to encourage youth participation to increase leadership opportunities and promote mental and physical well-being.On Saturday, November 16, 2019, people between the ages of 14 to 29 are invited to come out to this event that will be filled with inspirational information sessions and a youth-oriented community fair. The social event in the evening will include up-and-coming comedian Richard Brown as the Emcee, the opportunity to hear from youth advocates Michael "Pinball" Clemons, Jamil Jivani and Orlando Bowen, a live performance by A New DAEI dance troupe, a celebration of youth achievements and more.For more information and to register, click here.Photo courtesy of the city of Brampton’s Facebook page.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Impaired driver smashes into tree in Brampton
- Popular American chicken joint goes international, opening new locations in Ontario
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- 460 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,956 total cases found in Brampton