Air Canada Flight Returns to Toronto After Assault on Plane
An Air Canada flight bound for Budapest returned to Pearson International Airport early Thursday following an assault on a flight attendant.
The plane, en route to Hungary, was "rerouted back to Toronto because of an unruly passenger," said Peel Regional Police Sgt. Josh Colley.
Police were notified about the incident at 12:32 a.m., with the plane returning at 12:55 a.m.
Injuries are minor, said Colley.
John Svab, 57, of Hamilton, is charged with aggravated assault, utter threats, and mischief endangering flight.
He's expected to appear in Brampton court for a bail hearing on Thursday.
- BREAKING UPDATE: Alleged Killer of 11-Year-Old Girl in Hospital with Gunshot Wound
- One Group Will No Longer Have to Pay Property Tax in Brampton
- Feds Cracking Down on Phantom Vehicles
- Brampton House of the Week: Massive $5.6 Million Custom Estate Home
- Freezing Rain Expected to Hit Brampton This Week