Air Canada Flight Returns to Toronto After Assault on Plane
An Air Canada flight bound for Budapest returned to Pearson International Airport early Thursday following an assault on a flight attendant.
The plane, en route to Hungary, was "rerouted back to Toronto because of an unruly passenger," said Peel Regional Police Sgt. Josh Colley.
Police were notified about the incident at 12:32 a.m., with the plane returning at 12:55 a.m.
Injuries are minor, said Colley.
John Svab, 57, of Hamilton, is charged with aggravated assault, utter threats, and mischief endangering flight.
He's expected to appear in Brampton court for a bail hearing on Thursday.
- City Congratulates Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown on Birth of His First Son
- A Major Canadian Company Is Moving Into A Single Facility In Brampton
- Vehicle Flipped Over in Multi-Vehicle Crash in Brampton
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- Police Cruiser Involved in Three-Vehicle Crash in Brampton