Alectra introduces new rates for Time-of-Use customers
Alectra has implemented new, fixed hydro rates that will not fluctuate regardless of the time or day of the week.
As of June 1, Alectra residential and small-business customers will be paying 12.8 cents per kWh until October 31.
Additionally, the Province has announced two programs that will provide assistance for residents struggling to pay their bills due to the pandemic, which include:
- $9 million for the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) in support of customers struggling with energy bill payments
- $8 million for the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program for Small Business (CEAP-SB) to support businesses struggling with energy bill payments
Applications for both the CEAP and CEAP-SB programs will become available via Alectra's website once the programs launch in the summer.
Further, due to the financial strain many are experiencing as a result of the pandemic, Alectra is working with customers to provide flexible payment terms and will not result in disconnections.
Moreover, account collection actions have been suspended for residential and small business customers until July 31, 2020.
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton
- Ontario supports those struggling with electricity bills amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Alectra Utilities says it will offer financial flexibility during COVID-19 outbreak
- Electricity rates not being cut despite surge in use from people shut inside
- Utility company that serves Brampton warns of increased phone scam activity
- Alectra Utilities Offers Discounts on Electrical Products