Alessia Cara to Perform at the Grey Cup Halftime Show
A little bit of Brampton will be at the Grey Cup this year.
Alessia Cara will be performing at the 106th Grey Cup Halftime Show on Nov. 25 in Edmonton.
The singer has had a busy couple of years.
Cara had four JUNO [Canadian Music Award] nominations in 2016, and won for Breakthrough Artist of the Year.
She has also toured with Coldplay; performed with Taylor Swift, been on the cover of Billboard Magazine's Grammy issue, and in 2016, she received an AMA nomination for New Artist of the Year.
In 2018 she became the first Canadian ever to win the Grammy award for Best New Artist.
The announcment of Cara’s performance at the Freedom Mobile Grey Cup Halftime Show was recently made on the Grey Cup Festival Facebook page.
Cara, who is 22-years-old and originally from Brampton, has taken the world by storm with her powerful voice and songs.
No setlist for this performance has been announced but popular Cara songs include "Scars to Your Beautiful", "Growing Pains", "Stay" (ft. Zedd), "Wild Things", and "Here".
Tickets for the Grey Cup Festival can be purchased at https://www.ticketmaster.ca/Grey-Cup-tickets/artist/1078283
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton
- Police looking for 14 year old girl last seen in Brampton
- TekSavvy files complaint against Rogers and Bell
- Scheduled school strikes suspended this week in Brampton
- Brampton man arrested after catalytic converters cut out from vehicles
- Brampton Pop Star Alessia Cara Walks Away With Exciting Grammy Award
- Brampton Pop Star Alessia Cara Scores Four Juno Nominations
- Brampton's Alessia Cara Nominated for Her First Grammy Awards
- Brampton Pop Star Alessia Cara to Co-Host MMVAs This Weekend
- Grammy Winner Alessia Cara of Brampton Performed at Last Night's NBA Finals