All Carlton Cards stores closing across Canada
The Schurman Retail Group (SRG), the company that owns Papyrus and Carlton Cards retail stores, has announced they will be closing all 79 of the specialty card stores across the country.
However, cards by Carlton Cards—the number one greeting card company in Canada—will still be available for purchase at other stores across the country.
According to Tammy Barrett, Director of Marketing and Trade Development for Carlton Cards, Canadians looking for a card from Carlton Cards will be able to purchase one at several locations across Canada, including Shoppers Drug Mart, Loblaw family of stores, Sobey’s family of stores, London Drugs, Indigo, Jean Coutu and more.
After news broke that all stores would be closing, many people took to Twitter to voice their disappointment with SRG’s decision.
Carlton Cards may be closing down because its stores because no one wants to pay $8 for a card anymore, but there will be a lot of women out of work now.— Suzanne Rent (@Suzanne_Rent) January 19, 2020
#CarltonCards is closing, too bad…— paul seguin (@kedopaul) January 22, 2020
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Peel Regional Police investigating carjacking in Brampton
- Canadian government changing stress test rate for mortgages soon
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to the Region of Peel this Friday
- Ontario looks into licence plate defect weeks after new decals released