Amber Alert Issued for Missing Teen
An Amber Alert has been issued for missing Mississauga teen Alyssa Langille.
Investigators from the Peel Police 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau are looking for information to help locate Langille and identify suspects in relation to an abduction that occurred in Mississauga.
On Jan. 15, a witness told police that an abduction was observed at 1:25pm on St. Barbara Boulevard at Comiskey Crescent. According to the witness, a grey or silver van came to an abrupt stop and two males exited the vehicle and forced a female inside. The vehicle was last seen heading south on St. Barbara Boulevard towards Derry Road West.
Langille was reported missing on Jan. 15 at 9:22 p.m. by her family. Peel Regional police believe Langille is the victim in the abduction incident.
Langille has shoulder length blonde hair and was last seen in a ponytail. She was wearing grey sweatpants, a black sweater and black and red Air Jordan running shoes when she was last seen.
The suspect vehicle is a silver or grey van. The first suspect is described as a South Asian male who is approximately 24 years of age and tall with a thin build. He was last seen wearing an orange-coloured turban, a grey sweater with cutoff sleeves and a green shirt underneath. The second suspect is described as a South Asian male with black hair.
Here’s a photo of the suspect van:
On January 16, 2017 the AMBER Alert was issued.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at(905) 453-2121, ext. 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
Editor's Note: A previous article about Langille's disappearance was released in the very early hours of Monday morning. The Amber Alert had not yet been issued at publication time. Insauga.com apologizes for any confusion the early release may have caused.
- Brampton driving school instructor charged with sexual offences
- McLaughlin and Ray Lawson closed due to shooting investigation in Brampton
- Man dead following shooting along Brampton footpath
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- UPDATE: Toronto Police Locate Teen After Amber Alert
- BREAKING: Amber Alert issued For 5-Year-Old Boy Last Seen in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Amber Alert issued For 3-Year-Old Boy Last Seen Monday, May 13 on A Bus to Toronto
- Peel Police Investigating Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Brampton
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener