Another Special Weather Statement is in Effect for Brampton
It’s another wonderfully mild day …
Or at least it’s starting that way.A special weather statement is in effect for Brampton, Caledon, Milton, Halton Hills, Oakville, Burlington, and Mississauga.There’s potential for icy conditions later Friday morning and afternoon.
“Rain and patches of dense fog will continue to affect the area early this morning,” reads the Environment Canada warning issued at 7:47 a.m. Friday.
“The rain is forecast to change to snow by midday as temperatures plummet with the passage of a cold front. There may also be a brief period of freezing rain during the changeover from rain to snow.”
Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots could become icy and slippery.
Extra care should be taken when walking or driving in affected areas, the federal weather agency warns.
Here’s the good news: Snow is forecast to taper off behind the cold front, limiting snowfall amounts to a few centimetres at most.
UPDATE: The special weather statement has ended for all cities and towns as of 3:14 p.m.
- This Special Weather Statement Is In Effect for Brampton
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton
- Freezing Rain Warning Officially in Effect for Brampton
- Special Weather Statement Is In Effect for Brampton
- Special Weather Statement in Effect for Brampton on Monday