Another Special Weather Statement is in Effect for Brampton
It’s another wonderfully mild day …
Or at least it’s starting that way.
“Rain and patches of dense fog will continue to affect the area early this morning,” reads the Environment Canada warning issued at 7:47 a.m. Friday.
“The rain is forecast to change to snow by midday as temperatures plummet with the passage of a cold front. There may also be a brief period of freezing rain during the changeover from rain to snow.”
Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots could become icy and slippery.
Extra care should be taken when walking or driving in affected areas, the federal weather agency warns.
Here’s the good news: Snow is forecast to taper off behind the cold front, limiting snowfall amounts to a few centimetres at most.
UPDATE: The special weather statement has ended for all cities and towns as of 3:14 p.m.
- Police Searching for Missing 17 Year Old Girl in Brampton
- Brampton Man Charged After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Teen Girl
- Paramedics Respond to Child Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- It’s Going to be an Extremely Cold Weekend in Brampton
- Brampton Councillor Wants to 'Build a Wall' to Keep Out Cannabis Stores