Another Special Weather Statement Issued for Brampton
It looks like some more inclement weather is on route and it could affect driving conditions (ah, the joys of winter!).
According to Environment Canada, a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel due to the possibility of freezing rain. The weather agency says the rain could develop tonight and persist into Tuesday.
According to the news agency, up to 2-5 mm of icy accretion can be expected on untreated surfaces. Roads and walkways might become slippery, so extra caution is recommmended.
The freezing rain will turn into run-of-the-mill rain by Tuesday morning over portions of southwestern Ontario and areas near the shores of western Lake Ontario.
Sadly, poor travel conditions are expected over most regions on Tuesday.
You might want to monitor the weather and plan your travel accordingly. Remember to exercise extra caution and give yourself extra travel time.
- McLaughlin and Ray Lawson closed due to shooting investigation in Brampton
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29