Another Special Weather Statement Issued for Brampton
It looks like some more inclement weather is on route and it could affect driving conditions (ah, the joys of winter!).
According to Environment Canada, a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel due to the possibility of freezing rain. The weather agency says the rain could develop tonight and persist into Tuesday.
According to the news agency, up to 2-5 mm of icy accretion can be expected on untreated surfaces. Roads and walkways might become slippery, so extra caution is recommmended.
The freezing rain will turn into run-of-the-mill rain by Tuesday morning over portions of southwestern Ontario and areas near the shores of western Lake Ontario.
Sadly, poor travel conditions are expected over most regions on Tuesday.
You might want to monitor the weather and plan your travel accordingly. Remember to exercise extra caution and give yourself extra travel time.
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Maple Leaf Foods closes Brampton plant as more employees test positive for COVID-19
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police help six-year-old boy from Brampton celebrate his birthday
- Justin Trudeau says we won’t return to complete normalcy until a vaccine is produced