Are Cannabis Drinks Coming to Brampton?
Cannabis is becoming synonymous with Canada.
One example of this is a company from Toronto that has been creating cannabis-infused drinks.
It’s now working with wineries and breweries keen to try new technology.
Hill Street Beverage Co. is a producer of alcohol-free and cannabis-infused wines and beers. They are now looking to take it a step further. The company is partnering with Vin First Innovative Packaging, Cannabis Compliance Inc. and Lexaria Bioscience Corp. to refine its cannabis-infused drinks.
Health Canada has authorized Hill Street as a licensed dealer, so the company will be using Lexaria Biosciences Corp. technology to produce cannabis-infused beverages at Vin First’s facilities.
“Hill Street now has the technology, packaging and necessary compliance support to make cannabis-infused beverages available to consumer," said Hill Street CEO Terry Donnelly.
“Hill Street’s portfolio of brands will also be cannabis-infused and we’ll provide co-packing services for other wineries and breweries - as soon as edible forms of cannabis are legalized. Together with our new partners, we’re excited to bring such game-changing capabilities to Ontario.”
Industry executives say they are looking forward to future collaborations that allow them to offer consumers alcohol-free wines and beers infused with cannabis extracts.
“We’re very interested in what this business could bring to the Niagara Region,” said Equity Wine Group CEO Andrew Howard.
“We’re excited to pursue the potential of this evolving industry; to be out in front of it, not chasing to catch up.”
Hill Street will work with Cannabis Compliance Inc. (which is the world’s largest cannabis consultancy) to ensure it follows guidelines set by future federal legislations that may regulate the recreational use of cannabis in Canada.
“We work with cannabis producers, research facilities and retailers from around the world. Hill Street is the first Canadian company we know of pursuing cannabis-infused wines and beers,” said Edward Collins the Vice President of Cannabis Compliance Inc. Sales & Marketing.
“We’re excited to be aligned with a market leader.”
In addition to developing cannabis-infused beverages, Hill Street has many alcohol-free beers and wines that have even been endorsed by WeightWatchers Canada.
By the end of this year they will be available in up to 7,000 stores including well-known chains such as Shoppers Drug Mart, Loblaws, Sobeys, Zehrs and Fortinos.
- Police Searching for Missing 17 Year Old Girl in Brampton
- Brampton Man Charged After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Teen Girl
- Police on Scene After Vehicle Strikes Gas Line in Brampton
- Brampton's Housing Market Showing Signs of Trouble
- Brampton Councillor Wants to 'Build a Wall' to Keep Out Cannabis Stores
- Major Lifestyle Store Now Selling Cannabis Online
- This Popular Coffee Chain Is Also Converting Stores to Sell Cannabis
- Here's How Private Cannabis Stores Will Function in Brampton
- Majority of Ontario Residents Oppose Government Run Cannabis Stores
- You’ll Officially Be Able to Buy Legal Cannabis Online in Brampton