Are Walmart Shoppers in Brampton About to Save Some Money?
Shoppers who regularly frequent major superstore chain Walmart in search of good deals should be happy to hear that they can save a little extra cash (just a little, but every bit counts) when ordering online.
Walmart recently announced that, effective immediately, customers will no longer be charged a $2.97 pickup fee for groceries ordered on Walmart's website and picked up in store or at a Penguin Pick-up location.
For those who are unaware, Walmart's online service allows customers to select grocery items online at Walmart.ca and have them ready for pickup at their local participating Walmart store at a convenient time.
People who order their groceries can also park in a dedicated online grocery pickup parking spot and have their order brought outside to them.
“We are thrilled to be able to cancel the pickup fee” said Daryl Porter, vice president omnichannel operations and Online Grocery, Walmart Canada. “Eliminating this fee is in keeping with our goal is to save customers money. While it only represents a fraction of a typical grocery order, we don’t believe customers should have to pay even a penny more than necessary when they shop with us.”
The brand's online grocery service offers a selection of Walmart’s grocery items, including fruits and vegetables, an expanded selection of organic produce, fresh meats and other typical grocery items.
Walmart stores in Ottawa, the Greater Toronto Area, Calgary and Edmonton currently offer online grocery pick up.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Brampton man arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter
- Ontario reports fewer than 100 new cases of COVID-19 for sixth day in a row
- Brampton man and Mississauga woman charged after motorcycle theft, assault against officer
- Major Company Offering Same Day Grocery Delivery
- Walmart Canada to hire 10,000 workers and introduce other measures amid COVID-19
- Big Changes Coming to Popular Walmart Location in Brampton
- Commuters Will Be Able to Order Groceries Online and Pick Up at GO Stations
- Walmart Canada investing $3.5 billion over five years, notably on technology