Arrest Made Following Fatal Brampton Collision
An arrest has been made following a fatal Brampton collision.
According to Peel Police, investigators from the Major Collision Bureau have arrested a male suspect following a fatal collision resulting in the death of a newlywed.
On Oct. 21 around 12:30 a.m., two vehicles collided at the intersection of Highway 50 and Castlemore Road in Brampton, police say.
According to police, following the collision a 30 year-old female passenger from Newmarket, was killed on scene.
Her husband of only one week, a 31 year-old male from Newmarket, was transported to a trauma centre with serious but non-life threatening injuries, police say.
According to police, the accused responsible for the collision fled the scene on foot.
Police say, on Oct. 23, Walid Wakeel, a 23 year-old male from Nobleton, turned himself in to Peel Regional Police.
According to police, the accused was arrested and charged with:
- Criminal Negligence Cause Death
- Criminal Negligence Cause Bodily Harm
- Fail to Remain at Scene of Accident Cause Death
- Fail to Remain at Scene of Accident Cause Bodily Harm
The accused was held pending a bail hearing for Oct. 23 at the A. Grenville & William Davis Court House in Brampton, police say.
Police are asking anyone with more information in relation to this incident to contact the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- Man charged in fatal fail to remain collision in Brampton
- Roads Closed and Peel Police on Scene Following Motor Vehicle Collision in Brampton
- Police seek assistance in fatal fail to remain collision investigation in Brampton
- Peel Police On Scene for Collision Involving Pedestrian
- Police Investigating Fatal Hit and Run Collision in Brampton