Attempted arrest leads to assaulted officer in Brampton
Earlier this afternoon, an officer was investigating a drug offence in Brampton in the area of West Dr. and Queen St.
When the officer attempted to make an arrest, the suspect resisted and assaulted the officer before fleeing the area.
According to Peel police, the suspect was located shortly after and is now in custody.
The officer sustained lower-body injuries and has been transported to the hospital for treatment.
Any witnesses or those with a dashcam or surveillance footage is asked to call investigators at 905-453-3311 ext. 2133.
- Brampton Man Charged With Assaulting Police Officer
- Suspect in Custody After Police Officer Injured During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- SIU Clears Peel Police Officer in Brampton Arrest
- PHOTOS: Police ID Suspect After Officer Injured in Carjacking
- Peel Police Officer Cleared After Woman Tasered in Brampton